Dump cake recipe in the camping category
- 2, 18 1/2 ounces, boxes white or yellow cake mix
- 3, 29 ounces, cans fruit cocktail or other canned fruit
- 3/4 pound margarine
- Pour fruit in cast iron Dutch oven.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over fruit.
- Dot margarine on top of cake mix.
- Cover tightly, set in coals of campfire, putting coals on lid also.
- Let cook until cake is lightly browned.
- Rotate Dutch oven one quarter turn every 15 minutes for even cooking, especially if the active fire is only on one side of the Dutch oven.
- Recipe can be halved easily.
Tags: dump, cake, recipe, camping, recipes, cooking