Chocolate raspberry jam
Chocolate raspberry jam recipe in the canning category
- 6 cups prepared fruit, about 7 pints fresh raspberries
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 box Sure Jell, for lower sugar recipes pectin
- 1/2 teaspoon margarine or butter
- Crush berries thoroughly, 1 cup at a time.
- If using frozen berries, use both liquid and solids.
- Sieve 1/2 of the pulp to remove some seeds if desired.
- You can sieve it all if preparing for those with dental problems.
- Removing seeds causes waste, so be sure you have enough berries.
- Measure 6 cups of crushed fruit into 6 or 8 quart heavy saucepan.
- Break the chocolate squares into smaller pieces and add them to saucepan.
- Measure sugar into separate bowl.
- Mix 1/4 cup sugar from measured amount with pectin in small bowl.
- Stir pectin sugar mixture into fruit in saucepan. Add butter.
- Bring quickly to full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Skim foam and ladle into pint or half pint jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace and process 10 minutes in boiling water canner.
Tags: chocolate, raspberry, jam, recipe, canning, recipes, cooking