Pickled habaneros recipe in the canning category
- 2 pounds whole habanero peppers
- 5 cloves garlic
- 5 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pickling salt
- 2 1/4 cups cider vinegar
- Wash habanero peppers.
- Pack tightly into 1 pint jars.
- To each jar add 1 teaspoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon pickling salt and 1 clove of garlic.
- In 2 quart steel or enamel saucepan, bring water and vinegar to boil.
- Ladle boiling liquid over peppers, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Clean rims thoroughly with damp cloth.
- Cover with new sealing lids.
- Process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes from time water in canner returns to a boil.
- Remove jars.
- Cool on racks at least 12 hours.
- Check for seal.
Tags: pickled, habaneros, recipe, canning, recipes, cooking