Raspberry habanero jelly
Raspberry habanero jelly recipe in the canning category
- 3 habanero peppers
- 2 sweet red peppers
- 1 sweet green pepper
- 6 ounces fresh red raspberries
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 package Sure Jel Pectin
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- Chop up the peppers in a processor until they are chopped up fine.
- Put all but 1/4 cup peppers in a saucepan with raspberries and water.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer and cook 15 minutes.
- Press through a sieve or jelly bag.
- You should have 2 cups prepared juice.
- Return the juice to a cleaned pot.
- Add vinegar and reserved chopped peppers.
- Let cool 15 minutes.
- Add pectin. Bring to a boil.
- Add sugar. Bring back to boil and boil hard for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, skim foam.
- Ladle into hot 1/2 pint jars leaving 1/8 inch headspace. Seal.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes.
Tags: raspberry, habanero, jelly, recipe, canning, recipes, cooking