Sassafras jelly recipe in the canning category
- Sassafras roots
- 1 package powdered pectin
- 3 cups honey
- 2 tablespoons sassafras root bark
- Boil sassafras roots for 30 minutes, then strain.
- Measure 2 cups of the sassafras tea into a large saucepan.
- Add pectin and just barely bring to a boil.
- Add honey and sassafras root bark grated to a fine powder.
- Simmer for 6 minutes.
- Put into sterilized glasses.
- For pints, process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- For half pints, process in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes.
Tags: sassafras, jelly, recipe, canning, recipes, cooking