Hot fried crispy shredded beef
Hot fried crispy shredded beef recipe in the chinese category
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz. corn starch
- 1 lb. topside of beef, cut into matchstick strips
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 medium carrots, scraped and cut into matchstick strips
- 2 spring onions, cut into 1 inch sections
- 2 dry red chilies, shredded
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons wine vinegar
- Mix together the eggs, salt and cornflour and toss the beef in this until well coated.
- Heat the oil in a wok to 350 degree F, or until a cube of bread browns in 30 seconds, and stir-fry the beef for 1 1/2 minutes or until crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Reheat the oil and deep-fry the carrots for 1 1/2 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Pour off most of the oil, leaving about 1 1/2 tablespoons in the bottom of the wok.
- Reheat, then add the spring onions, chilies and garlic.
- Stir-fry together for about 30 seconds over the heat then add the sugar, soy sauce and vinegar.
- Return the meat and carrots to the sauce. Toss over the heat and serve.
Tags: hot, fried, crispy, shredded, beef, recipe, chinese, recipes, cooking