Hunan shrimp recipe in the chinese category
- 3 to 4 cups peanut oil
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp, shell, devein, leave tail portions on, wash, dry, refrigerate for at least 4 hours
- 1/2 cup onions diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tsp sugar
- 4 tbsp tomato catsup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pinch of white pepper
- 2 tsp Hunan pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Pour peanut oil into a wok and heat to 375 deg F.
- Oil-blanch the shrimp for 45 seconds to 1 minute, until shrimp begin to turn pink and to curl. Remove. Set aside.
- Remove oil from wok, then replace 2 tbsp oil. Heat oil until white smoke appears.
- Add onions, ginger, and garlic, and stir-fry until onions soften, about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and toss together thoroughly.
- Stir sauce and pour into the wok.
- Stir together until shrimp are well coated.
- Add sesame oil, turn off heat and stir well.
- Remove from wok and serve immediately.
Tags: hunan, shrimp, recipe, chinese, recipes, cooking