Smith college fudge
Smith college fudge recipe in the fudge category
- cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
- In a saucepan, combine the two sugars, molasses, cream and chocolate.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until the sugar and chocolate have melted.
- Clip a candy thermometer to the side of the saucepan.
- Continue cooking, without stirring, until the mixture reaches the soft ball stage, 238 degrees F.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the butter, vanilla extract and nuts, if desired.
- Cool slightly until the mixture is tepid.
- Beat it until the fudge begins to harden.
- Pour it out onto a buttered dish.
- Cut it into squares before the fudge is completely hard.
Tags: Smith, college, recipe, fudge, recipes, cooking