Kourambiethes (greek butter cookies)
Kourambiethes (greek butter cookies) recipe in the greek category
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups unsifted flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Whole cloves
- Confectioners sugar
- In large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed, beat butter, sugar, egg yolks and extracts until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and nuts. Mix well with hands. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface.
- Divide dough in half. With hands, shape each half into a 16-inch long roll.
- Cut each roll into 16 pieces, then shape into balls.
- Press a whole clove into each piece. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until cookies are set but not brown.
- Remove cookies to a wire rack and sprinkle lightly with confectioners sugar while still warm. Cool.
- Before serving, sprinkle with confectioners sugar again.
Tags: kourambiethes, butter, cookies, recipe, greek, recipes, cooking