Avocado pineapple sherbet
Avocado pineapple sherbet recipe in the ice cream category
- 2 cups pureed avocado pulp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- In a bowl combine sugar, pineapple and lemon juice. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Combine avocado pulp and milk. Mix well. Add sugar mixture and avocado. Mix well.
- Add salt to egg whites. Beat until soft peaks form.
- Begin adding 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, continuing to beat.
- Beat until all sugar is added and whites are stiff.
- Fold egg whites into avocado mixture. Spoon into freezer tray or a pan. Freeze until almost hard.
- Place in blender or mixer and gently blend until sherbet consistency. Serve at once.
Tags: avocado, pineapple, sherbet, recipe, ice, cream, recipes, cooking