Mixed vegetable kofta in tomato curry
Mixed vegetable kofta in tomato curry recipe in the indian category
- For the Koftas:
- 1/2 cup Frozen Corn
- 1/2 cup Frozen Peas
- 1/2 cup Green Beans cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup Carrots cut in small pieces
- 1 1/2 cup Gram Flour (Besan)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Tsp. of Red chili Powder
- Pinch of Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp. of Mango Powder
- 1 Tsp. of Dhaniya Powder
- For the Tomato Curry:
- 1 Pound Fresh Tomatoes
- 2 Tsp. Tomato Paste
- 3/4 Cup of water
- Salt to Taste
- 1/2 Tsp. Red Chilly Powder
- 1/4 Tsp. Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp. Cinnamon Powder
- 2 pieces whole cloves
- 1 Tsp. Ground Ginger
- For Frying:
- Vegetable Oil
- For Garnish :
- Fresh Cilantro or home-made Paneer
- Parboil all the vegetables for 10 minutes. Let them cool for 20 minutes.
- Mix all the spices (except salt) and vegetables in a bowl.
- Add salt to Gram Flour and add it slowly to the mixture.
- Keep on mixing it with your hand . Do not add water.
- Add Gram Flour till you can shape them into small round soft balls.
- Use some oil in your palm of the hand to form the balls.
- Meanwhile heat some oil in the pan . See that the oil is not very hot.
- Keep Medium Flame.
- Deep fry the Kofta balls.
- Set them aside.
- For the tomato curry, cook the curry about 3 hrs before you serve.
- Chop the tomatoes in small pieces.
- Cook them with salt for about 15 minutes on medium flame.
- Add the Tomato paste. Keep on Stirring.
- Add water and ginger and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for the Tomato curry.
- 15 minutes before serving put the Koftas in the serving dish and pour the Tomato Curry.
- Keep it in the oven at warm till you serve.
- Garnish with Fresh Cilantro or Paneer.
Tags: mixed, vegetable, kofta, tomato, curry, recipe, indian, recipes, cooking