Sada dosa recipe in the indian category
- 1 cup plain rice
- 1 cup parboiled rice
- 1/4 cup white udad dal
- 1/2 tsp. methi (fenugreek) seeds
- 1/2 tsp soda bi carbonate
- 1/2 cup curds
- 10-12 tsps. ghee or oil as preferred
- Water for grinding
- Wash the rices and dal together.
- Add plenty of water and methi seeds.
- Allow to soak for 7-8 hours or overnight.
- Rewash the rice by draining the water 2-3 times.
- Grind to a paste. Rawa, like grains, should be felt in the batter.
- Add soda bicarb and salt and mix well.
- Keep aside in a warm place for 8-10 hours.
- Beat the curds well.
- Add to the batter, add more water if required.
- The consistency of the batter should be thick enough to thickly coat on a spoon when dipped.
- Heat the iron griddle or non-stick tawa well.
- Pour a spoonful of batter in the centre, spread with the back of the spoon to a thin round.
- Pour a tsp. of ghee or oil over it.
- Remove with spatula when crisp.
- Serve hot with chutney and/or sambar.
Tags: sada, dosa, recipe, indian, recipes, cooking