Cicerchiata recipe in the italian category
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 4 extra large eggs
- 1 tbsp. lemon rind, grated
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup honey
- 2 cups whole hazelnuts
- 4 squares (4 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate
- Place flour in a large bowl, make a well.
- Add eggs and lemon rind. Mix.
- Knead till dough is elastic, set aside for 30 minutes.
- Take a small amount of dough and roll into a long strip, cut short lengths to form small balls.
- In a deep fryer, cook dough pieces until golden.
- Bring honey to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chocolate, cook until melted.
- Remove from heat and add nuts.
- Coat balls in honey, chocolate and nut mixture.
- In a tube pan, pile honey coated balls around sides.
- Cool slightly and press balls together.
Tags: cicerchiata, recipe, italian, recipes, cooking