Simon and Seaforts spinach salad
Simon and Seaforts spinach salad recipe in the salad category
- 3 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 1/2 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 16 oz. fresh spinach
- 4 strips bacon
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Slivered almonds
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Drain, reserving 1-2 tbls. of grease.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Separate egg white from yolks.
- Mash yolks with fork and add mustard, vinegar and sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- Chop egg whites. Set aside.
- Cut or tear spinach into a salad bowl.
- Toss spinach with egg yolk dressing.
- Add bacon grease and toss again.
- Top with egg whites, almonds, green onions and crumbled bacon.
- Serve immediately.
Tags: Simon, Seaforts, spinach, recipe, salad, recipes, cooking