Salmon gumbo recipe in the soup category
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken flavor bouillon
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cut okra
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can pink salmon, drained
- 4 cups cooked rice
- In a large saucepan, cook green pepper and onion in butter for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomato sauce, bouillon and parsley.
- Bring to a boil and stir in okra.
- Bring to a second boil and fold in salmon.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve over hot, cooked rice.
Tags: salmon, gumbo, recipe, soup, recipes, cooking