Champagne turkey recipe in the thanksgiving category
- 1 (12 pound) whole turkey, neck and giblets removed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 apples, cored and halved
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2/3 (750 milliliter) bottle champagne
- Preheat oven to 350F. Rinse turkey and pat dry.
- Gently loosen turkey breast skin and insert pieces of butter between the skin and breast.
- Place apples inside the turkey cavity. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Place turkey in a roasting bag and pour champagne over the inside and outside of the bird.
- Close bag and place turkey in a roasting pan.
- Bake turkey 3 to 3 1/2 hours in the preheated oven or until the internal temperature is 180 degrees F.
- Remove turkey from bag and let stand for at least 20 minutes before carving.
Tags: champagne, turkey, recipe, thanksgiving, recipes, cooking